Single-board UI controller w/ 4 UARTs, LCD, keypad, enclosure, can be used to convert protocols into different formats, for communication among different systems.
Offers a complete C/C++ programmable system with a high performance CPU (40 MHz 188), up to 512 KB ROM/Flash, 512 KB battery-backed SRAM, 512-byte serial EEPROM, ADC and DAC.
The Birdbox-A can be used to convert protocols into different formats, for communication among different systems. It offers a complete C/C++ programmable system with a high performance CPU (40 MHz 188), up to 512 KB ROM/Flash, 512 KB battery-backed SRAM, a 512-byte serial EEPROM, ADC, and DAC.
The BB-A also supports a real-time clock (RTC72423), battery, three timer/counters, a watchdog, up to four serial ports, a 16×2 character LCD, and a 3×4 keypad, all of which can be packaged in a 4.8 x 3.7 x 1.5-inch aluminum sheet enclosure.
The four serial ports are RS-232 by default. The two optional UARTs can be configured for RS-485. The counters can count external events, at up to 10 MHz or generate PWM outputs. 32 I/O pins from the Am188ES are multifunctional and user programmable.
The eleven channel 12-bit ADC has sample-and-hold, a high-impedance reference input, and a sample rate of up to 10 kHz. Two optional 12-bit DAC provide 0-4.095V analog voltage outputs capable of sinking or sourcing 5 mA.
Two PPI chips (82C55) provide 24×2 bi-directional I/O lines that support a DB25 parallel printer port, 3×4 keypad, and 16×2 LCD (provided as part of the optional BB-Pack). Seven solenoid drivers can sink up to 350 mA at 50 V per channel.
A special configuration (BB-I) can be driven by the i386-Engine. The original version BirdBox supports only the V25-Engine.
- Measures 3.6×2.3×0.3 inches
- 16-bit CPU (Am186ER), 40 MHz, w/ 32 KB internal SRAM
- 16-bit CPU (RDC1100), 80 Mhz
- Temperature (sample): -40 to 85 C
- 110/20 mA at 5V, normal/power-save
- 256 KW 16-bit Flash, 256 KW 16-bit SRAM optional, 512-byte EEPROM
- 40+ TTL I/Os, real-time clock
- 3 serial ports, PWM, counters
- 8 parallel ADC (AD7852), and 8 16-bit ADC (ADS8344)
- 4 parallel DAC (DA7625), and 2 serial DAC (DAC7612)
- Includes 188-processor 40 MHz with 128 KB SRAM
- 32 I/Os
- 2 RS-232
- 3 timers
- watchdog timer
- 512 byte EE, 7 solenoid drivers
- 2xPPI, watchdog
- 5V linear regulator
- Does not include add-on options
- OEM option discounts available.
|2||Debug ROM (AE_0_115)||$20|
|3||Real-time clock and battery||$20|
|4||UART (SCC2691)+driver (up to 2) a) RS-232/b) RS-485||$30 ea.|
|5||11 ch. of 12-bit ADC||$20|
|6||2 chips 12-bit DAC (2 channels LT1446)||$20|
|7||Switching power regulator||$20|
|8||BB-Pack: 16×2 LCD; keypad; beeper; metal enclosure box||$150|