Newer PCs have USB ports only with no RS232 port.
HUSB is an expansion board to allow high speed data transfer from a TERN controller to a PC via USB.
The HUSB is a low cost expansion board for TERN controller to add a high speed SLAVE USB port. Some user applications need to transfer data in and out to a PC at a high speed. Traditional RS232 serial transfer data rate can only manage a peak bandwidth of approximately 10K bytes per second (at 115,200 baud). The HUSB interface can provide up to 8MB per second data transfer rate.
The HUSB integrates a high-performance USB stack chip (FT232H, FTDI) to provide an easy to program USB 1.1/2.0 slave interface. The onboard hardware fully handles USB stack processing, and provides for high-speed bi-directional 8-bit parallel communication. The HUSB exposes a slave USB interface, and connects to a PC via USB-B connector.
No USB specific firmware programming is required on the controller side. The USB interface is seen as a transparent parallel FIFO buffer tasked with transferring data back and forth with the remote host.
Royalty-free software drivers are provided for most Windows environments (7, XP, 2000, NT, 98). These field proven USB software drivers eliminates the requirement for Windows USB driver development.
Two types of USB software drivers are available: VCP and D2xx. The VCP (Virtual Com Port) driver supports up to 300 K bytes per second transfer rate, and allowing the device to be accessed transparently on the PC side through traditional COM port software.
The D2xx (USB direct driver and DLL) drivers can support up to 8M bytes per second.
- Expansion board to add a SLAVE USB port
- 8-bit parallel high speed bus
- Ready to use, royalty free USB drivers
- Eliminate Windows driver development
- 2.1 x 1.3 inches, USB bus powered
- USB 1.1 and USB2.0 compatible
- Tx/Rx buffer FIFO for parallel high speed data
- Data transfer rate to 150 KB/sec with VCP driver
- Data transfer rate to 8 MB/sec with D2xx driver
- HUSB with FT232H chip, USB-B connector, J1 20×2 socket.
|1||HUSB with FT232H chip||$10|